Motorcycle Insurance For Plano And All Of North Texas
Getting The Best Coverage For The Right Price
The weather in Plano is nice and for many months out of the year, it is motorcycle season. In fact, some people in Texas choose to ride their bikes all year long. However, no matter how much you use your bike, it is essential to have the right kind of Motorcycle Insurance. This will not only protect your bike but your finances also. Let's look at an example which demonstrates the importance of proper insurance.
Dale was tired of paying high prices for gasoline and he purchased an economy car and also a motorcycle. He planned to ride the bike in nice weather and the car when the weather was bad. He bought a beautiful 400cc bike and was proud of the deal he got on it.
Because Dale paid cash for the bike he decided to go with minimal Motorbike Insurance. After all, what kind of damage could his bike do to a car or truck? Dale bought 30/60/25 liability insurance and nothing else. This would give him a very inexpensive policy. Dale's agent suggested additional coverage options but Dale was only interested in how much money he could save.
For over a year Dale rode his bike regularly with no trouble. However, trouble found Dale one day and it would change his life forever. It was a warm Texas day and Dale was on his way to the grocery store to get some cold drinks. On the way there he met a friend, Alice and gave her a ride to the store. About five minutes later, Dale's bike hit a large rock in the road, causing him to lose control and run into the back of a large van.
The accident threw both occupants from the bike and Alice was seriously injured. In fact, she was hospitalized for over a month and would be in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Alice's medical claims came to $770,000 and Dale's cycle insurance policy only covered $60,000. This left a deficit of $710,000. As you can guess, this story does not have a happy ending for Dale or his passenger.
What is Motorcycle Insurance?
Insuring a motorcycle is just as important as insuring your car. It will protect the driver, passengers, and other vehicles involved in accidents. You will be covered for all kinds of hazards when you have the right coverage.
Who Needs Motorbike Insurance?
Anyone driving a motorcycle must have liability insurance in Texas. If you drive a two wheeled motorized vehicle on the road, it must be insured and this includes:
- Mopeds - cannot go over 30 mph and motor of 50 cc or less
- Autocycles - motor driven cycle with three wheels or less and a steering wheel
- Three Wheeled motorcycles
Texas Law and Cycle Insurance
In Texas, the same liability limits apply for both cars and motorcycles. It is 30/60/25 and this means:
- Thirty thousand dollars coverage for bodily injury (maximum for one injury claim)
- Sixty thousand dollars total injury claims per accident
- Twenty five thousand dollars coverage for property damage caused by your motorcycle
Motorcycle Insurance Options in Plano
When you insure your bike you will need full coverage if you finance the purchase. If not, you only need liability, but you may also want to consider these options:
- Collision Insurance - if you are at fault in an accident and your bike is damaged, this covers the repair bill minus your deductible.
- Comprehensive - protects you from things like fire, hail damage, theft, and vandalism.
- Liability Insurance for off-road vehicles
- Additional liability insurance - most motorcycle owners should consider taking out extra liability with their Motorbike Insurance policies, especially if you ride with passengers because injuries can be significant.
- Roadside Assistance
- Motorcycle accessories - can include add-ons like windshields, fairings, or special equipment
- Total loss coverage - pays to replace the bike and not just current the market value
- Loss of vehicle - can include a rental vehicle while your bike is being repaired.
- Trip Interruption Insurance
Shopping For Cycle Insurance
Insuring a motorcycle is not the same as insuring your car. Although there are a lot of similarities you have needs which are unique to your vehicle and an experienced insurance professional is the best person to see for your insurance.
You could spend hours online checking out one insurance website after another and after a while you may be totally confused. There are a lot of insurance options and every company claims to have the best deals and lowest premiums. However, there is a much easier solution to shopping for insurance.
When you need to insure your bike or you want a better deal on insurance, Advantial Insurance Agency is there for you. We are not an insurance company. Instead, we are independent agents who work for our customers and not an insurance company. We have your best interests at heart and will work hard to find you the very best policy. In fact, we check with several insurance companies to find you the lowest rates and best coverage options.
Don't take chances with your Bike Insurance. Come to Advantial Insurance Agency today for a free quote on your insurance.