General Liability for a Plumber
As a Plumber, you can usually make an offer on a project without a Plumbing Liability Insurance Policy. Chances are that when it comes to the time the work is going to be performed that you will need to produce proof of insurance to unpack your tools and get to work. If it is not the homeowner or the business owner, it may be the building owner or the local government that steps in with requirements.
How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost for A Plumbing Contractor?
The insurance costs for plumbers varies based upon the amount of liability you need and the type of work you perform. It is not unusual that home or building owners will require at least $1,000,000 in general liability insurance for a plumber to get your foot in the door.
When Advantial Insurance quotes a plumbers general liability insurance policy we will offer you several payment plans that should accommodate your budget. Typically, insurance companies offer payment plans that allow you to pay off the policy over the course of the year in 9 or 10 payments after a deposit.
General Liability Insurance for a Plumber usually covers six basic categories of business liability:
- Bodily Injury - Physical harm to a person at your place of business, or an injury caused by your employee at a client's site.
- Completed Operations/Products Liability - Losses after your business has completed work for a customer (such as repairing appliances or installing wiring), or from distributing products.
- Personal Injury - Damage to the reputation or rights of a person or business due to slander, libel, copyright infringement, invasion or privacy, false arrest, wrongful eviction, etc.
- Advertising Injury - Losses caused by your advertising (spoken or written); for example, an ad that trashes a competitor.
- Medical Payments - Pays the medical expenses of a person injured on your premises (a customer, client, visitor, or even a trespasser) up to a stated amount, regardless of fault — as a goodwill gesture to prevent lawsuits.
- Independent Contractors Liability - Damage from the acts of an independent contractor hired by your business.